Friday, April 10, 2009

First One Here...

I have been blogging for a while now, but it seems that everyone I used to read and that read me has scooted somewhere else. This is my first blog here, so I will introduce myself and my cast of characters...

Me: I am an almost 40 year old mother, stepmother, wife, maid, taxi service, dog walker, etc... I enjoy all my roles, except for washing dishes and laundry. You will hear me complain about those two on a daily basis...

Clif: He is the strong silent type. When I say silent.. I mean he doesn't talk much, at all... When I say strong, I mean he is my rock in every situation! We have been together 17 years. He knows me better than I know myself.

Kids:

(Ours) Laura, 11, my baby... Knows no fear.. well, she doesn't much like spiders, but everything else is fair game... She is the biggest girly tomboy ever... She wants to wear dresses and make up, then proceeds to hang upside down from the tallest tree.... **sigh** She is one of the reasons for my gray hairs.

(Mine) David, 17, Almost a man. Over the years he has put us through our paces. His grades have always been "good" not excellent, even though he is one of the smartest kids around. He doesn't want the label of "Smart Kid"... He walked on the wild side for about 8 months (shoplifting, breaking curfew, running away, back talking, etc) but has really straightened his life out and is ready to go to Jr College in the fall.

(His) Cody, 18, Clergy bound. Cody has been the Good Boy. Excellent grades, respectful, involved in church and school activities.

(My Angel) Tori, would be 18, but passed away at the age of 11 in 2002. Tori had CP, and a slew of other illness from the moment of birth, but was always my shining light. Doctors said she would not survive past the age of 2, but she proved them wrong, time and time again. Her smile could light the world, or least it felt that way to me.

(His) Jerrod, 20, always our source of entertainment. He is goofy, funny, sarcastic, smart, hard-working, and a joy to be around. He is his dad all over again, but not as quiet.

(His) Jessica, 22, Senior in College. Jessica is one of those people that everyone wants to know, be friends with, or just hang around. She is fun, sweet, smart, focused, hard-working, and honest.

We have had amazing times in the past with all the kids, went lots of places, had lots of adventures. Now with Laura the only one living at home with us, and the other kids 3 states away in Missouri, we are still having fun and adventures, just on a smaller level...

We have pets too... Over the years we have always had dogs and cats, (and whatever the boys thought they could hide in their rooms...) Right now, we have our 14 year old pit bull mix, Maggie. and Nita, our 3 year old lab/st Bernard mix. Later this month we will have Keyni, a new yellow lab pup. We also have Domino, our cat... well he is really Clif's cat. Domino and I have finally reached an understanding... I will fill the food bowl, he will not reach out and swipe at parts of my body as I walk by... We don't like each other much, but have learned to live together...sorta...

As introductions go, this is the best I can do for now. I am sure in the following months and numerous postings I will be doing more stuff about us will surface, but for now.. Here I am...

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog. Sorry about the blog looking a little drab right now but I changed the blackground black for a few days do to the triduum in the Catholic church. I also shut my comments off during these last few days but I will be opening up my comments on Easter Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! So nice to meet you. Thank you for following my blog too and I can't wait to read more about you and your family.

    I really like the name of your blog I just used the name of my store (which my son named).

    Good luck on your blog.
    Enchanted

    ReplyDelete