Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

First I want to wish everyone a very Happy Easter!!

Laura's school has been on Spring Break since Thursday. I am so ready for school to start back up.... Right now one of Laura’s friends, Kayla, is living with us. Her Dad and Step-mom are getting ready to divorce and there is a lot of drama going on between the two of them. Kayla’s dad, Jamie, asked if Kayla could live with us until school is out and maybe longer. Jamie is going from friend’s house to friend’s house right now with no stability and didn’t want Kayla to have to do that. Kayla’s step-mom has moved out of the school district and Jamie doesn’t want Kayla living with her anyway, so since he asked and we love Kayla like she is our own anyway, it was a no-brainer… There are some other issues going on with Jamie right now also, so we think he might ask us to keep her while he goes into rehab, which would be the best thing for him… AND Kayla. Anyway... The reason I am ready for school to start back up is because Laura and Kayla are best friends with Kiersten... Both girls asked if Kiersten could come and spend the break with us. So Kiersten showed up Wednesday night... You know how when you have a group of ladies in the same household their "cycles" syncronize... Well... guess what... Yep.. Estrogen Ocean here for the last 4 days.... **sigh** Between the Midol, heating pads, and mood swings... I just about bought stock in Calgon... The kids in the area hang out at the park a couple of blocks away... Most of the kids in the area are BOYS... Of course my girls decided that they ought to go to the park too. Seems that Friday they had a good time playing frizbee, football, and just hanging out, so they wanted to go back Saturday around noon... Clif and I gave the girls a key so that we could go and do some shopping. After a few errands in town Clif and I got back home and the girls were not back yet. I called the cell phone to see how the girls were doing, and they were just hanging out at the picnic tables talking with all the other kids... So I told them to be home by 5 to get ready for supper. I proceeded to get the potato salad ready for our holiday dinner with my aunt... The phone rings about 15 minutes later...

Clif answers: "What, slow down.. What is going on?? Who's bleeding? Slow down... I can't understand you!!"

he hands the phone to me saying "I can't understand blubbering"...

I get on the phone to "She's bleeding, she can't walk, Come get us!!!"

Me: Who is bleeding, where are you?

Phone: Laura cut her toe!!! At the park!! Come get us!!....

So I run out the door and into the van... speed the 500 feet to the park entrance.. and see my Daughter sitting on the ground with her foot covered in blood... Kayla and Kiersten help a laughing Laura into the van and pile in the back seat... I asked her what happened... She said she was running barefooted and stubbed her toe... She was laughing and smiling all the way home.. We help her up the front steps and in the door where she promptly bursts into tears at the site of her Daddy.... He scoops her up and puts her on the side of the bathtub to clean her foot and see what damage is done... It's bad... real bad.. she has split her toe and the "toe meat" is protruding... Big Strong Daddy has to leave... Now it's up to SuperMOM (me) to handle the situation.... **sigh**

SuperMOM: It's ok, honey.. but we are going to have to go and have this looked at by a Doctor

L: NOOOOOOO.. no doctor, no needles, NOOOOOOOO

SuperMOM: C'mon Sweets, we gotta get this toe all fixed up and I don't have the stuff to do it here at home.

L: I will stay here, you go buy the stuff and come back

SuperMOM: Babe, I can't fix this. Your toe is split open, it needs a doctor to fix it so it is right. If I do something wrong, you might not be able to wear those pointy toe high heels you have.

L: Lets go have the Doctor fix it

Whew.. ok, common sense didn't work, but fashion sense did... ooookk... Off to Urgent Care we go. When we arrive, there is no one else in the waiting room so the Doctor took us (Laura, Kayla, Kiersten and me) all back to the "Procedure Room"... The doctor, nurse, and Trainee clean her foot and assess what needs to be done.... They have to go into the hall to discuss the problem.. I think Uhoh.. not a good sign... The doctor comes back in.. She says they are going to have to debried and remove the damaged area... Ohboy.. Anyway.. during the procedure, Kayla holds Laura's hand, they cry together... Kiersten sits in the corner, giggling (she handles stress this way) and I keep a watchful eye on the doctor and the scalpel... Its all over and done, Laura is fitted for a walking boot and we are on our way home. Laura says, "Geez and I didn't even get a sticker"... **sigh**

Saturday night they girls were more subdued, and just hung out in Laura and Kayla's room watching Twlight on the laptop and reading.

This morning Kiersten's mom came and picked her up then we headed out to my aunt's house for the holiday dinner. I made potato salad and a carrot cake. Clif made his famous baked beans. Nancy had the ham, pineapple fluff, rolls, deviled eggs and relish tray waiting. We all ate until we was stuffed. Then Clif and I hid eggs for the girls to hunt.. We had to keep them in the driveway area since Laura couldn't get her foot wet and the grass was still damp from the rains we had Friday.

See my fashionista with the walking boot... All the runway models will be sporting one by the end of the day tomorrow........

And folks wonder why I have gray hair.......

No comments:

Post a Comment